Friday, February 21, 2014

Before I fall by Lauren Oliver



17675518


 
When I began reading this book I thought I wasn't going to like it. But I was in for a surpise. It started out a little too childish for my liking, but eventually I wasn't able to put the book back down.

The book is about Sam, a popular high school student who is loving her life with her three best friends and the boyfriend of het dreams. Then one night after a party they drive home and get into a horrible accident. Sam dies during the accident only.... somehow she wakes up again on the morning of the same day she crashed. What follows is a kind of groundhog day-like story. Everyday she tries to do things differently and everyday she wakes up on that same morning. During this journey she founds out who she has been and who she really is deep down and where her heart lies.

It may sound a bit tedious but it's really well written and you really start to hope for a different outcome.

I found the ending to be very bittersweet and a tad frustrating, but it's a beautiful story that gets a hold of you and won't let go until you've finished it. I'd recommend this book. However, don't get discouraged with the first 20-30 pages or so - which really seem a bit high school-ish -... after that you'll be hooked. Of course, if you are in high school yourself, odds are you're hooked from page 1


Read in July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment