Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning (Fever #2)


344262 
4.5/5 Hearts

After I read the first book, I couldn't wait to move on the next book. As it happens, this book was even better than the first book. 

 "One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence."

I liked Mac more in this book, she's getting more into her own and she's getting more and more used to the fact that she's supposed to be doing this. She is stronger and I felt bad for her when things didn't go her way.


"Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It's like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head in its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs

I was also even more intrigued by Jericho Barrons in this book. He remains brooding, dark and kind of an ass. That keeps disappearing, but mostly appearing at exactly the right time. You can tell he's not who he claims to be, but I'm extremely curious to find out what and who he really is. I like Mac and Jericho together. They have funny arguments and you can feel the chemistry between them, though it's very slowly building.


"I have lost. Many things. And no, I am not like any other player in this game and I will never be like V'lane, and I get a hard-on a great deal more ofthen than occasionally."He leaned fully against me and I gasped."Sometimes it's over a spoiled little girl, not a woman at all. And yes, I trashed the bookstore wen I couldn't find you. You'll have to choose a new bedroom, too. And I'm sorry your pretty little world got all screwed up, but everybody's does, and you go on. It's how you go on that defines you."


You get more of V'lane as well in this book. He's an interesting character, that once again... you don't know that much about. But it isn't really that annoying. Step by step you get to know a little more about these characters in these books. Just like you would with real people.



The story starts to get so much better and darker and interesting as it gradually moves on. I find the world and story itself very intriguing and I enjoy reading it very much. I stayed up until 3 am to finish this book, because I had to find out what would happen next. The book does end on a cliffhanger and the next books continues from the exact moment this one ended.

The foreshadowing in the first book really annoyed me eventually, but it didn't as much in this book. I'm not sure if that's because I'm starting to get used to it or because it's really less annoying here.

I think it will turn out to be one of my favorite series! I kind of hope the books don't keep getting better and better, or soon I'll run out of stars!







  

Read in January 2014

Other reviews in this series:
Moning, Karen Marie - Darkfever (The Fever series #1) 
Moning, Karen Marie - Bloodfever (The Fever Series #2)
Moning, Karen Marie - Faefever (The Fever Series #3)
Moning, Karen Marie - Dreamfever (The Fever Series #4)
Moning, Karen Marie - Shadowfever (The Fever Series #5) 

No comments:

Post a Comment