Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Love Game by Emma Hart (The Game #1)

17341522 

 4/5 Hearts

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't really what I was expecting. The story in itself was kind of predictable as I did expect, but I'm suprised I liked it as much as I did.

Maddie is a good character. I liked her. She's a strong, confident person and I enjoyed reading from her perspective. Meet Braden, I'm not sure why they can never pick normal names... though I'm not American, so maybe it is over there? Anyhoo, Braden is the typical sleep around with everything that moves kind of guy. I enjoyed his perspective as well, it seemed more genuine than some of the other dual POV books out there.

She plays the player and he tries to date the girl to get into her pants. Of course they find out that the real fun is in playing the game in stead of the result. But it didn't bother me at all. I liked reading how this story continued. I won't give away how 'the game' ends though!

The writing is good and entertaining. I liked all the characters - which include all of their friends. I like how they stick up for Maddie and protect her from her past. I also found it refreshing that Braden didn't have some sort of secret past that has left him damaged as well.

I'd recommend this book to everyone who enjoys new adult books and is looking for a nice fun read. This book doesn't end on a cliffhanger. The next book is about two of their friends.
  

 Read in December 2013
 


No comments:

Post a Comment