Friday, February 21, 2014

Where She Went by Gayle Forman (If I Stay #2)

8492825 



4/5 Hearts

“You were so busy trying to be my savior that you left me all alone.” 
 
The story picks up three years after the frist book. Adam is now a huge rock star while Mia is starting to be a huge cellist, fresh out of Julliard. Sadly - due to all the circumstances - they're not together anymore. This story is told from Adam's point of view. The chapters alternate between the past and the present. Adam is not doing well, but then all of a sudden his music career takes him to New York. Who else happens to be there but Mia - who is giving  a big cello concert. Adam decides to visit Mia and they meet again. Almost the whole book is about the night they meet and what happens.

“I get it now. I have to make good on my promise. To let her go. To really let her go. To let us both go.” 

I liked this book better than the first one. You feel for Adam and his story is not a happy one. Still this book has a more upbeat feel than If I stay and I enjoyed it a but more. The ending of this second book was however a little predictable as well. But still a great read.

Read in July 201

No comments:

Post a Comment