Friday, February 21, 2014

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover




15717943

 3/5 Hearts

I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. I loved the first half of the book, but after reading the second half, I'm not sure I want to read the second book in the series.

The story is about Sky, a 17 year old girl who one day meets Holder. Holder turns her entire world upside down and I really liked them getting to know each other and sometimes laughed out loud. But the second half of the book is disappointing. The story goes from cute and fun to creepy and sad. Sky founds out who she really is and what really happened to her and I just found myself not caring. Maybe because it was so predictable or maybe because the writing turned from good and cute to mushy and contrived. It didn't feel like they were 17 and 18 anymore. It felt like they were just... blegh. I can't even find a word for it. But they go from being cute together to talking like no teenager ever does. They always talk about forever and barely have any normal conversations anymore. You wait half the book for them to have their first time, and when it does happen it's absolutely horrible. I can't believe the writer for ruining the cute, loving coupule from first half of the book into this creepy overly-mushy couple from the second half. This book gave me twilight flashbacks. It just wasn't natural and didn't feel natural.



“I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.” 

Why the three stars? I really loved the first half, it's beautifully written and you'll love both Sky and Holder. I would've given 5 stars for the first half. But I have to take off 2 stars for the suddenly sad, creepy, predictable and mushy second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment