Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning (Fever #4)


6050298 
                                                         5/5 black and crimson hearts!

Every book, you think it can't get any better. And every book this series manages to do just that!
The book continues after the horrible events at the end of faefever. I have to admit that I hated the beginning of the book from Dani's point of view and was very happy to return to Mac's POV.

She is still not herself from the events in the last book, but Barrons is 'working' really hard to get her back to her old self again. and you see a bit of a different side to him. Dancing and all, no less!


"I want it to always be like this", I tell him. His nostrils flare, obsidian eyes mock. "Try holding on to that thought."
"I do not need to try. I will never feel differently."
"Ah, Mac," he says, and his laughter is as dark and cold as the place of which I dream, "one day you will wonder if it's possible to hate me more."



"Don't leave me." I trash in the sheets. "I'm not, Mac."
I know I'm dreaming then, because dreams are home to the absurd and what he says next is beyond absurd. "You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl."

A lot of things happen in this book and I'm once again astounded by the ability of Karen Marie Moning to build the world around Mac. Mac grows even more into her own and who she is supposed to be in the future. We get a hint of the prophecy and discover what magical worlds lay in the silvers.
The ending left me in total and complete shock and I'm almost afraid to read the next book to find out if my suspisions are correct - which I really think they are! It's a heartbreaking and confusing end.

Read in January 2014

Other reviews in this series:
Moning, Karen Marie - Darkfever (The Fever series #1) 
Moning, Karen Marie - Bloodfever (The Fever Series #2)
Moning, Karen Marie - Faefever (The Fever Series #3)
Moning, Karen Marie - Dreamfever (The Fever Series #4)
Moning, Karen Marie - Shadowfever (The Fever Series #5) 

No comments:

Post a Comment